Learn how to navigate the patient chart, view clinical information and more in Practice EHR.
The patient chart gives you an overview of important patient information.
- Quickly access patient information like insurances, preferred pharmacy, visit history, notes and appointments, vitals, current medications, lab results, patient history, allergies and more.
Learn about the patient flow sheet in Practice EHR.
The patient flow sheet shows all information related to signed off notes in a patient’s chart.
- The patient flow sheet can be accessed in the patient chart by clicking on the expandable “Flow Sheet” tab on the right side of the screen.
- Here you will be able to view the sections of the signed off visit note, any alerts associated with the visit and the dates.
- Furthermore, if you want to do a more in-depth comparison of signed off visit notes you can filter them by sections and time period from the drop down menus.
Learn about the financial tab available in Practice EHR.
With the Practice EHR financial tab you can quickly access and manage patient financial details.
- View plan and patient balances, aging and patient statement details such as when the last payment was made by the patient and the amount.
- View previous statements that were sent to the patient. Click the print date hyperlink to see what visits and date of services were included in the statement that was sent to the patient.
- See patient financial details by visit under the visits tab. Use the “Patient Payment” button to record patient payment.
- Use the “Ledger” button to check ledger details related to the selected patient and print to help reconcile your patient financials.
Learn how to create a new patient and update demographics in Practice EHR.
- “New patient” and “Search” buttons are always available at the top right side for you to quickly create a new patient and search your patient database.
- Mandatory fields are marked with a red dot. You’ll need to enter data into these fields in order to register a new patient and save.
- Save important information such as patient primary race, secondary race, ethnicity and preferred language.
- More information such as advance directive, patient family members, patient referring provider and preferred and other pharmacy can be added.
- Under the update patient demographic tab, click on the settings icon to print and customize patient letters, print patient demographics, access patient history and manage portal settings.
Learn how to add a referring provider in Practice EHR.
In the demographic tab, you can add providers that have referred a patient to your practice to the patient’s chart.
- View a list of your referring providers and add them to a patient’s chart.
- To search for a referring provider, click the magnifying glass icon. Enter search details or just click the green “Search” button to pull a full list of providers.
- To add the referring provider to the patient’s chart click on the blue hyperlink.
- To add a new referring provider who is not in your system, click on the “Add New” button.
Learn how to update insurance information for a patient in Practice EHR.
Under the insurance tab you can quickly access and update patient insurance information.
- Click on the “New Plan” button to add a new insurance plan.
- Select the “Active” checkbox to notate an active plan or uncheck the box to mark as a deactivated plan. Activated plans will be in blue and deactivated will be in yellow.
- Scroll to the bottom and click the “Get Eligibility” button to check the patient’s eligibility in real time.
Learn how to access documents for a patient in Practice EHR.
Under the documents tab you can access all documents that have been saved related to the patient.
- Access saved progress notes, lab results, insurance cards and more.
- Click on the hyperlink to view the item.
- See date of service, number of pages and comments related to the document.
- Click on the “Scan” button to scan in a document or the “Import File” button to upload a file from your computer.
- From the documents tab, you can select a file to delete, fax electronically, export or link to a message.
Learn how to manage patient messages in Practice EHR.
Under the messages tab you can search all patient messages and create clinical or financial alerts for the selected patient.
- You can filter patient messages based on message type or message status.
- A new message can be created by clicking on the “New Message” button which will bring up a new window.
- Selecting the “Patient View” check box will allow for the patient to view the message in their patient portal account if their patient portal account is set up.
- Messages can be created based on different alerts i.e. clinical alert or financial alert.
- In order to resolve messages, click on the patient’s message and a window will pop up where you can review or reply and resolve the alert/message.
Learn how to access and manage labs for a patient in Practice EHR.
Under the lab section, you can order a lab, review pending labs and send and print labs for a patient.
- A lab or test can be ordered by typing in the request in the “Test” field box.
- You can also filter and pick the lab company you’ll be sending the patient to from the “Laboratory” menu.
- If your lab company is integrated with your group practice, click the ”Send Electronically” button to send the lab requisition.
- To print the requisition, you will click on the green “Paper Requisition” button.
- The “Pending Requisitions” section displays labs that are currently waiting to be sent out to the lab company.
- The “Waiting for Results” bucket displays where you will be able to view your pending labs.
- The “Pending Dr. Review” bucket will display the lab results for the provider to review and verify as abnormal or normal.
Learn how to manage medications for a patient in Practice EHR.
The medication tab in Practice EHR is where you will order medications, manage prescriptions, select a patient’s pharmacy and see history of medications as well as a current list of medications for a patient.
- All fields with a red dot must be filled in order to prescribe.
- If the medication is listed in your common list you can quickly search for it and select it. You can also search for a drug that may not be in your list in the drug browser.
- Use the search icon next to pharmacy to search for local pharmacies in your area to send the prescription to.
- Prescribing options in Practice EHR include:
- e-Rx – sends the prescription electronically
- Print Rx – prints the prescription
- Paper Rx- you are providing a hand written prescription to the patient
- Prescribe – you are prescribing the medication and will later decide if you will send the prescription electronically, print it or provide a hand written prescription
- Once a medication has been prescribed, it will drop down in to the patient’s current medications list.
- Click on the settings icon in the top right corner to view medication history, view online Rx history, get patient eligibility, print patient education or provide additional drug information.